30 May 2012

First Retreat Shares

Hi all

I finally had an opportunity to photograph my layouts from the Wicked Princess retreat on the weekend. It was a quick before work photo session so some of them I need to do again lol But at least I am a bit more organised.

This layout was inspired by one of the Kaiser sketches from May, sketch #2 using the pretty Madame Boutique collection from Kaiser. This has to be one of my favourite Kaiser collections. It also features some Twidleybitz chipboard, a Manor House flower and some D-lish scraps blooms. Rather than frame the picture with a border, I cut out a section of the paper and distressed and curled it back to reveal the photo and paper underneath.



This layout was actually one of the few a bit closer to my usual scrapping style. I found I was doing a lot of clean and simple on the weekend which is something I am usually intimidated by lol It was fun though!

This next layout was inspired by the May Saturday sketch #4 on the Kaiser blog.

This is one of the ones that did not photograph so well however I'm running out of May so uploading it while there is still time for the challenge lol Love this cute photo of my niece Liarna. She had the most hypo face. It was the day of her day care graduation so she was full of excitement in her pretty new dress!

Plenty more retreat shares will be coming soon. Stay tuned :)

Holly x

3 comments:

Barb Turner said...

Hi Holly :)
Love love love the first one, the curled paper looks fab!!!!
Can't wait to see your other layouts xx

Lizzyc said...

These look great Holly!

Cathy said...

ADORE your wedding page Holly, this was one of my favs.. gorgeous!! Love your sweet and sassy page too, the fussy cut elements are so pretty!! :))