20 September 2011

Hi everyone,
Below is my latest blog post over at Alterd Project Inc. I'm a bit late this week, but not as late as this item is.  My nephew turned 6 in August and I have been meaning to get this done since then but with an overseas trip and extreme work stress, I've only just finished it. Slack, I know! We are in different states too so that means another couple of days to get this posted down to him.

I wanted to make him something functional yet decorative for his room and love the Kaisercraft Party Animals collection. Teamed up with their train tidy, its a great fun item for any kids room.



The kaiser wood items come as flat packed raw MDF so you need a good file to get rid of unwanted tabs from the edges. I then painted the pieces in the colours I wanted, but be mindful that the wood will swell so you may need to further sand down some parts to put it back together. I then cut out pieces of paper from the Party animals collection and decorated the train accordingly. I have used a couple of kaiser wood shapes also for extra dimension and some droplets. The train sections are linked together with some album rings.

This is a great project for a kids room, to store items such as pencils, small toys or other bits and pieces. It would also be great made up in christmas colours so that you can put lollies or other goodies in there and place it on the table for a decoration.

Have a great week.

Holly xo

3 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Holly!!
Love your train & I think your Nephew will love it too....
You have done AN AMAZING JOB!!!
WELL DONE.... xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a fantastic creation for your nephew,Holly. I bet it becomes a favourite keepsake for him.

hilde janbroers said...

such a cute project!!