28 March 2011

A Moment In Time

I've got a lot to blog about this week so expect a lot of posts over the coming few days. Including an exciting bit of news later in the week.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Scrapbooking Haven has just started a new challenge 'A Moment In Time" and its a fab idea. It asks you to post your first and most recent layouts. There is also a $20 prize to be won at the end of the month to spend in store.

Its such an awesome challenge, I thought I'd share my entry with you all. This is my very first scrap layout and the comments I posted on Haven:
"When I started scrapping, all my layouts were doubles. Its only this year I eally learnt that I do not have to create doubles, so I haven't created one since. My layouts were always totally flat and in blocks of paper, and symmetry. However, at least the subject of my scrapping is the same, all these years later with my boyfriend now my hubby. This layout is probably about 4 or 5 years old and is in a full album of equally boring, flat layouts.

Now below is the layout I finished about 2 hours ago and my all time favourite. I'm no longer afraid of texture and dimension. I don't just use blocks of pattern and colour, but happily work with shapes and create my own embellishments. I have come a very long way and most of that has been in the past few months since starting my blog and seeing what amazing things can be done."
The challenge is such a fab way to see how far you have come with your scrapbooking. I am looking forward to seeing many more entries, so if you aren't already a member at Haven, sign up and share your creative journey.

Have a great day! xo

1 comment:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Holly! Isn't Sooooo Funny when we look Back @ our older LO's & other creations & think we Sooo loved it then.... LOL!!
Enjoy the rest fo your day!
XXX