12 March 2011

What Better Way To Spend Friday Night Alone... Creating Layouts!

Hello everyone,
I was supposed to go to Lismore with my husband yesterday as he had a show to play with his band, however it worked out easier if he just went with his band instead. It turned out kind of annoying as there ended up being a spare bed I could have had and room in the car etc, but too late now. So I spent the night home alone in my scary house. Still a little nervous since our attempted intruder almost 2 weeks ago, but at least I made it a productive night. Look out, lots of pics in this post.. although its a bit overcast today so not brilliant ones. Need to get a better photo editing software.

This first layout is for Scrapbookit and the sketch included a really large journalling space, which generally makes me pretty uncomfortable, but I figure it's probably a good way to give myself a bit of a reminder on certain aspects of our big day by doing a reception layout for our wedding. The big photo is actually of the clay cake topper I had made. It is customised to look like us and I ordered it as a surprise for my hubby but he discovered it lol It weighs almost 700grams so ended up sitting next to the cake instead of on it.


Here is the second layout I created last night. This one I kept fairly simple, but used some lace and a handmade flower that was part of the pack I won from Screen to Scrap the other week. Very sweet. Also, as the paper had a glitter look to it, it did not need a great deal more, so I used a few simple stickers in the top corner and a Kaisercraft sentiment next to the photo. I've been having fun with sparkly paper lately. Just glams everything up a little more so its good for wedding layouts.




So this one had a bit of a joint challenge inspiration. The initial idea was to work with the Bird Is The Word current challenge, which is to create a layout with the world beautiful. The Kasiercraft sentiment was perfect for this as it states "Everything beautiful has its moment". However, I also worked from the sketch over at Wicked Princesses which had a circle background with a landscape photo.

I have this habit of putting my layouts on the spare table in our open plain dining area. My husband eats his breakfast there as the actual dining table is covered in stuff at the moment from my clean out. However, when I finish a layout, I tend to put it on that table for a few days. With my wedding layouts, they then go into the album, but the rest kind of just stay there. I think I need to start putting some away though, as he's running out of room for breakfast hehe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we suppose to eat in hte dining room WHOOPS lol that has been my room to a long time (I think there is a table underneath all my scrapping stuff)
Wonderful layouts and love that glitter paper
Thanks for popping over to my website I posted your order this morning ... have a wonderful weekend I am certainly going to enjoy mine the BF is out to work tonight and kids at their dads YIPEE peace and quiet to scrap in

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thanks so much for your visit and for processing my order so quick. Its a dangerous thing having wifi internet. I now shop before I've even gotten out of bed haha Enjoy the rest of your weekend, althought it sounds like you already are! :-)

Helen Pigott said...

Another beautiful layout x

Belinda Scott said...

Your layouts look fab!!!! And don't worry about the table, thats what the floor is for lol :)

Rachael Funnell said...

2 Lovely Layouts Holly!! the cake toppers looks super Cool, you've Scrapped this well!!!!
A Lovely LO & photo of you & hubby...
XXX

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Alone time used to be scary but not any more. I too love a little at home and kind of unscheduled time. Mind you. You could have come and played, oops scrapbooked with me as I live just outside of Lismore.
I am glad you put some written details onto your layout. We think we will remember every thing but reality, at least for this ancient married is that lots of life moments can confuse us!
Have a great Sunday.

HarmonySweetpea said...

It was so nice to wake up to lots of new comments this morning so thank you lovely ladies!

Julie, I have never been to Lismore so I was looking forward to it before being left behind. But at least I got lots done. So true about how easy things can be forgotten, which is why I'm trying to work in more journalling these days.

xo

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful layout , lovely picture of you and hubby, . Marie

Jo Hanna said...

Thanks for taking our challenge Lovely!