10 April 2011

Sunshine of My Life

Hi everyone,
Last night I decided to scrap outside my comfort zone in brights again. I've done a couple of bright layouts lately and they still do scare me. I'm so much more comfortable with dark colours or lots of white or black space. Anyway, this one was a joint inspiration. The main inspiration came from the current Scrap Our Stash challenge, where the theme is to create a project relating to sunshine. With summer long gone, it seemed like a nice time to make a bright layout and who better to feature than my own little ray of sunshine, my niece Liarna. She is 4 and no longer the baby in her family. But still the princess! I guarentee she will tell you so lol

These photos were taken the day her baby sister was born, when we were filling in time waiting for them to come home from hospital.




The princess rub on could not have been more perfect for my sassy little miss! Funny thing is she almost always puts on serious face for the camera instead of smiling.

The bright colours and embellishments were also inspired by the lovely inspiration pic at Scrap the Girls. The paper I used was from my little shoe box with painted raw chipboard and some other bits and pieces added.

7 comments:

Marg said...

Oh super layout and the colours are just gorgeous....xxxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is lovely! The colours are perfect!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! love your Bright & pretty LO... Just super cute....
XXX

Unknown said...

love bright....thanks for playing along at STG

Paula said...

Bright & fun layout...perfect colour choice :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous work Holly :)

t is for trackles said...

Great take on the STG Challenge, loving the yellows and the flowers!