12 April 2013

April Scrapmatts Reveal

Hello everyone,

Today is my day to reveal my Design Team creations over at Scrapmatts for the month. If you pop on over to the Ning, you will see my blog post and my gallery uploads. You will also find the April challenge in the forum, hosted by me. Its nice and simple... create a tag by the end of the month using at least one Scrapmatts chippie. See.. easy... love to see you give it a go. Anyway, onto some creations.

So with the theme of altering (and mothers) I have a few projects to share with you all today. First up, a layout I created showing one way of altering chipboard. I recently purchased some gesso having never experimented with it before, so this was my first attempt. I could have used a whole lot more, but what the gesso did was give the chipboard some extra texture and gave it that white look. Once the gesso dried, I added some hints of pink paint which I also added drops of to the white cardstock. Simple, quick (with a heat gun) but a different effect for your chipboard pieces.




I also found myself caught out last month the morning we were meant to fly interstate for my brother's birthday party, realising I had not organised a card. Oops. So about 6am, I got up and created one. I didn't have time to get messy with altering, so instead I simply stuck so aluminium foil over a chipboard banner and there we have it... quick, simple and technically altered. Imagine how good this would work with left over easter egg wrappers... although in my house, easter eggs are long gone lol Sorry about hte average pic... again 6am and using my iPad to photograph. Also the happy word was altered simply by dabbing with some silver ink.


You may have also seen this one already on my current April challenge post in the forum. This tag shows both inked and painted effects on chipboard. The edges of the dress ATC have also been distressed... with the whole thing blinged up with pearl dots and lace.



Now for a mother's day card. I just got a Silhouette Cameo, so it was a practice run. My circle was a little off but I created the Mother's Day title with the Cameo software.

1 comment:

Lauren T said...

Loving that LO, such a beautiful baby. The mother's day card looks great too.