04 February 2011

First Ever Card



It may sound strange to all the experienced crafters on here, but until tonight, I had never made a card. My paper craft skills were instead focused on scrapbooking...and the diy for my wedding (invites, place cards, order of service, etc), so I am proud to say that is no longer the case.


It's very basic but that comes with little experience. It's a valentines card for my husband.


I created the card from red card stock, in a tri-fold style. I used a leather look white paper, which was embossed using the Victoria folder of my brand new Cuttlebug. I also created some die cuts on the bug. Then, as a final touch, a flourish stamp up the side.


So there you have my first card attempt and they can only get better from here. What do you think?

Since I'm proud of having tried something new that wasn't a total disaster, I am going to enter the card into some themed challenges for Valentines day. There is a tri-fold challenge on at The Cuttlebug spot... coincidence since I found that after I did my card.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

5 comments:

Beryl said...

Fantastic. If only my first efforts had been as good as this. It's hard to believe it's your first (I do of course) - it's just so gorgeous. Your hubby will love it I know. Hope you decide to continue making cards as you certainly have a talent for it.
Beryl xx

lisa said...

This is a fantastic first card, Holly. You should be very proud. I love the embossing and the hint of green is beautiful. I would be too embarrassed to show my first card attempt, it was truly bad. I am very impressed, you are a true card maker now.
Hugs Lisax

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Wow what a wonderful first effort. Your card looks great.

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thankyou so much for the kind comments. Its basic and only looks that good thanks to the cuttlebug lol But I'm happy that it wasn't a disaster. Just wait until I show mum what the bug can do. She's been making cards for a year or two now but knows nothing of such gagets. I think she'll want one too!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Well done Holly! and may your cute little cuttlebug go! .. and make cards day after day... Dont you love your bug? it takes on a personality you know..!!Shaz in Oz.x