16 February 2011

It's a WOYWW Birthday

Hi all,
Thankyou for taking the time to visit my space on this particuarly special day... my 28th birthday. I've taken the day off work so I could sleep in and relax. It was all going well until my phone started going crazy with messages, but its a nice thing to wake up to.

So today's work desk, isn't quite the usual... its more focused on preparing for my niece's 18th birthday on Friday and my brother in laws 21st (which is actually today, but party on Saturday). The youngens have far more exciting birthdays than myself this year.



We ended up getting them a signature frame each, which everyone can sign at the parties. So for Shannon's we are using a lovely photo of her from our wedding morning. For Sebastian, its a funny photo from our engaegment party. His mother picked that one over the serious one, and I tend to agree, its more his style. We have already been around there to put together a mammoth photo board for his party, but I am hoping to put together a smaller one for Shannon too. She is very shy and will be horrified but thankfully I have none of the really embarrassing photos of her extreme chubby baby stage.

Otherwise I will probably work on making her a card today and then perhaps get into some scrapbooking layouts. Today is the offical day that I can use my Cuttlebug... not that it matters, as I've already given it a good workout :-) I have also been trying to come up with storage solutions but will keep working on that. The best idea would probably be to clean out all my psychology notes from the filing cabinent. I haven't referred to them in years so they are probably ready for a different storage location.

OMG my house is a mess. I may have to do some birthday housework. How depressing lol You just have to look at my craft/computer room to see how bad it is!

Ahh well... be sure to check out everyone else's space at Stamping-Ground.
Anyway, Happy WOYWW everyone!

32 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Happy Birthday! love the desk :))
Happy Woywwing!
Jennie #4

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Holly!
♫˜♪¨♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you ♫˜♪¨♫ - you need to edit your post I think unless it is my end. accidentally have the first paragraph twice?? have a great rest of day,
love Shaz in oz,x

Chrissie said...

Happy Birthday... have a wonderful one!
Chrissie #2

Andria said...

Happy birthday to you and happy woyww - Andria 22

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thanks Shaz... was definitely me. No idea what happened there but it did have an error message come up when I clicked post so some strange little techno glitch.

Scrapcat 1 said...

Happy Birthday to you, don't do housework on your birthday, it will still be there tomorrow, have great time at the party

jude said...

Happy Birthday to you ,Happy Birthday to you!Have a fab day whatever youve got planned .Enjoy your cuttlebug ,you have got alot of partying going on have fun!gosh 18 seems like yestrday..lol.
Pop by ive just done my craftroom out and showcasing some of it today .I was desperate to get rid of my craft trolleys for bigger storage.Much better than piccies from last weeks WOYWW!
Have lovely day enjoy!
hugs judex22

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have a lot to get done today.

Jinny Holt said...

Happy birthday to you............Nooo YOU CAN'T DO HOUSEWORK ON your birthday.........I t will still be there tomorrow!!

Have a great day

thanks for sahring

Jinny#40

okienurse said...

Very busy times at your house. I like your work area it looks well used. Thanks for sharing.
Vickie #30

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Have a great birthday Holly! BUT no housework do that when you are 28 1/365.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you and I hope you have a lovely, special day :)
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #59

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
happy Birthday Dear Harmony
Happy Birthday to you, wishing you a lovely day,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (31)

sandra de said...

Happy birthday to you and a happy woyww.
Sandra #69

Berry said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a fun one and the photos look fab and fun! hugs rebekah xx (111)

Anonymous said...

love your peek at your work space :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! XXXXX

Glenda said...

Love your crafting space...looks like you might have a little of the stacking method going on there! You can just tell there is lots of creativity going on in this space!

Anonymous said...

Love the mess, tells me you're having a lot of fun!! Great photos of your family, and hope you have a great birthday. Love all the folders and stuff you've bought for your bug, you really have "caught the bug"!!

Hugs
Brenda 100

Chelle said...

Happy birthday. Have fun playing today..don't do too much cleaning. 98

shazsilverwolf said...

Hope you have had a fab birthday, your workspace is great, Shaz #131

Minxy said...

what would we do without the floor to over spill on to lol
great gift photos, love the idea of everyone being able to sign them
Happy Wednesday
Hugz Minxy x

Julia Dunnit said...

Many happy returns! The trouble is, a day off work always involves catching up if you aren't going out, and housework becomes inevitable. Resist as long as you can, I'm sure Shannons birthday is a far better project!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Happy Birthday....hope you've had a great day and not done to much housework!!

Andrea.xx

Ciara said...

Happy birthday Holly! I hope you didn't do any birthday housework, that's just wrong!

I'm impressed with your Cuttlebug collection - did you ever get the swiss dots embossing folder? it's brilliant!

SDCrafts said...

It's over now but I hope you had a lovely birthday...Shirl #122

Spyder said...

Happy Birr-thday to you... (I can't sing for toffee) maybe chocolate! Crafty space looks great to me!!Happy WOYWW! #66
(Lyn)

nerllybird said...

Haha - 'ready for a different storage location'! Would that be the bin?? (Probably not, sorry for my flippant attitude, lol.) Love the signature frames, what a lovely idea. Hope the parties go well, you'll be worn out!
Helen S

lisa said...

A very Happy Birthday to you for yesterday. I hope you didn't do any such thing as housework, that's just not allowed!!
Sounds like you're very busy with birthday preparations. Your frames are great, what a brilliant idea. Something for them to keep forever. I hope they both have great parties.
Love your embossing folder storage.
Hugs Lisax

Nicky said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you - hope you enjoyed your day off and didnt do housework! Love your signature frames what a agreat idea ~ Nicky no.6

voodoo vixen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the photo frames for signing that you have showing there - brilliant idea!! hugs Annette

Esther said...

Well if there's one day you shouldn't do housework it's your birthday - I hope you had a happy day...Thanks for sharing, Esther xx

Kezzy said...

Oops sorry I'm a bit late but have a happy birthday!! Loving the idea for those special birthdays.