06 February 2011

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Hi everyone,
This is the second challenge layout I have completed this weekend. Unfortunately the photographs are terrible. I have no idea how everyone else manages to photograph their layouts so well. Mine turn out terrible and this is with my 10 mega pixel camera... barely any better than with my phone :-( But hopefully you can still get the idea.




This layout was completed for The Studio Challenges current challenge. The sketch for this month was just perfect for showcasing my wedding day accessories. There was an extra challenge within the challenge, to include a hand made embellishment. As you can see in the close up photo, I have hand made a flower accent. This is centred with a metal heart. I have also used my Cuttlebug a bit with this layout, by embossing the paper beneath the photos, as well as the cardstock under the sentiment. This was a vellum sticker which I stuck to a piece of embossed card and then bordered in the matching pink used for the other boarders and flower.

Although on this page you cannot see anything blue, it represents my accessories. Unfortunately my photographer never took a photo of my garter, which was my something blue. Nor did he take a photo of my something old, which was a necklace hung from my bouquet that my father gave my mother on their 40th wedding anniversary. They just celebrated their 40th! That's got to be good luck.

This layout goes together, despite not being very matching, with my other layout of the weekend, "Something Old, Something New".

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear some feedback :-)

5 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

A Cute Layout!! With you photographing a Layout.. You need to have NO flash & find your best natural light & take it there..... or i've read-take the photo of your Layout outside within an hour the first light in the morning !! hope that makes sense or helps you in some way....
XX

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Trying photographing in well lit natural light, I do mine in my courtyard which is outside and on my stone door mat.. I always find that this helps as inside the flash causes issues.. may help with these?
well done on the cuttlebugging... looks great!
Shaz in Oz.x

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thank you both for the tips. I realised the flash isn't helpful but just can't seem to centre it right. And I'm rarely home for much of daylight during work days. Will just keep practicing :-)

Valerie said...

Great take on the challenge - thanks for playing along at the Studio!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love the photos, the design and that rosette! Ohhhhhh and I don't know if you have tried this yet, but I photo my lo's outside during daylight hours as natural light is best and then I edit them in Picasa! :):):) Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with The Studio! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)