13 February 2011

Happy Valentines Day and a Love Layout

So its that day of the year most of us either love or hate... Valentine' Day. A day filled with love, romance and possible gifts. Personally I enjoy the extra chance to do something romantic with my husband... and this will be our first Valentine's day as a married couple so certainly a signficant one. We tend not to make a huge deal out of it, but always try to go out to dinner and get each other at least a card. For us, its off to an Indian resturant for dinner this time around. My husband has actually never been to one so its something different.

I completed a layout last night for the Scrap Our Stash 'LOVE' challenge so its perfect to share on this particular day of the year. I'm not really a pink fan so it has been something new to be using a bit of it in my last couple of layouts, but it suits the romantic wedding theme.



Of course, its another wedding layout. I absolutely love the photo in this one. I softened it using an online editing software, which only made the photo even better. I think its just a very simple and romantic photo and I especially like the way we are looking into each others eyes, as the wedding day is a bit of a blur but those simple moments we shared have been captured on film.

The journalling is actually our first reading from our wedding ceremony, which was Corinthians 13:4-7 "Love is patient, love is kind.... etc". At our wedding, we had this reading read by each of our mothers. My husband's mother read it in Polish and my mother read it in English, as a representation of a joining of cultural backgrounds.

The layout also shows a few of my early experiments with my cuttlebug, such as those flowers, created with a sizzix flower die and my favourite cuttlebug embossing folder - stylised flowers, to create some extra depth to the strip of white card down the side. There are also chipboard and metal embellishments added, a vellum sticker and a love rub on.

Here's wishing you all a very happy and romantic Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a lovely layout. I love the idea of including each other's culture in your service.
Enjoy your memories and enjoy Valentine;s Day.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Holly very lovely to see the bug at work blends beautifully with your design!
Shaz in oz.x

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thankyou Julie :-) It was a nice thing for my husband, even though he is Australian born, Polish was his first language so he really enjoyed including it. And we had one guest who did not speak barely a word of english so at least she had one part to follow. Hope you're having a lovely Valentines also Julie.

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thanks Shaz. There is so much to learn... just wish I had a whole week to spend Cuttlebugging ;-)

Rachael Funnell said...

Such A Lovely Layout!! I Agree a Gorgeous Photo of the both of you.... Hope you enjoy Valentines Day!!

lisa said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Holly. I hope you both enjoyed your Indian meal. The first Valentine's as a married couple is always a special one.
Your LO is beautiful. the pink worked really well and I love the fact that you've included the reading as your journalling.
Hugs Lisax

Mary Pat Siehl said...

holly, you did such an awesome job! so glad to see you at scrap our stash!

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thanks so much for such lovely comments everyone. I actually really love this layout... which is funny considering I'm not a 'pink' person.