18 January 2011

Finished a New Scrap Layout - Honeymoon




After a busy holiday season and the floods, I have finally gotten back into my scrapbooking and messed up my computer room already.

I decided to start in my honeymoon album since I still haven't got all the wedding photos but am keen to kick off with a new subject... since my Europe albums remain half finished after 2.5 years.

This layout is a double page spread...the only kind I seem to do (with the exception of title pages). I like the way they flow across the pages... although I did not have a second sheet of the nice blue on the right side page. The focus is our 3 night Fiji cruise.

Although it's hard to see, this layout was actually a big achievement for me, as it includes my first journalling attempt. It is typed and printed as I'm not confident enough to write neatly but I am still proud of doing something new. It means I've challenged myself & learnt something since becoming a blogger.

I incorporated a postcard from the cruise in the layout also, then just some basic travel stickers and punch circles. Fairly basic overall but suited to a tropical destination I think.

I am entering the top image in the  Pencil Lines sketch #220. The challenge is probably finished by now but its still nice to have acknowledged some inspiration for that design. I have never entered a challenge so thats something new too.

Sorry the photos are so bad. I always seem to take them at night when the lighting is horrible and they were taken on my mobile phone, so not ideal. Remeber, I am here to learn so all feedback and comments are very welcome :-)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I like that you mixed the colours up and didn't keep your pages too matchy.
Thanks also for your comment on the Scrapassion Page.

Julie

http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com/

HarmonySweetpea said...

Thanks Julie. The more I explore online, the more I see how much I have to learn. I tend to do a lot of very matchy looking double spreads but have to start moving out of my comfort zone. I'm also big on using as many photos in one page as I can. I have learnt quite a bit already in the past 3 weeks. Its been great.